How to Obtain a Ribbon

The Ribbon accessory in Final Fantasy XII, just like in all previous Final Fantasy titles, is an accessory that prevents your character(s) from being affected by any negative status effects. This can be extremely helpful in Final Fantasy XII as some of the more painful status effects, like Sleep, Stop and Disease, cannot be cured using Esuna and require special spells or items to remove.

Cerobi Steppes

There is a trick that you can use to obtain a Ribbon once you reach the Cerobi Steppes. This method is not necessarily fast and depending on how lucky or unlucky you are, it could take several hours, but having the accessory is worth going through all of the trouble.

Note that you must have a Diamond Armlet accessory in order to make the Ribbon appear. Check out the “How to obtain a Diamond Armlet” page for more information:

Start off in Balfonheim Port and travel through the Cerobi Steppes until you reach Journey’s End. Travel there by going through The Terraced Bank – do not go through the Crossfield zone and do not enter the Crossfield zone at all.

If you do enter the Crossfield zone by accident, travel back to Balfonheim Port and then head back. Note: you can take a Chocobo from Balfonheim Port to get there faster.

Save your game at the Save Crystal in Journey’s End. Now travel into the Crossfield and search for a treasure chest towards the north-end of the zone.

Save Crystal in Journey’s Rest of Cerobi Steppe

You must have a Diamond Armlet equipped or the treasure chest will never contain a Ribbon. There is a 50% chance that the treasure chest will spawn, there is a 30% chance that it will contain an item (instead of gil) and there is a 10% chance that that item will be a Ribbon (and a 90% chance that it will be a Knot of Rust). Reset your game and try again if it does not contain a Ribbon.

50% * 30% * 10% = 1.5% chance of a Ribbon appearing

Make no mistake, this method for obtaining a Ribbon can take a very long time. A quick turn around time would be 20 or 30 minutes with some players reporting going 3 to 4 hours without seeing a Ribbon. Expect for it take, on average, between 1 to 2 hours to obtain a Ribbon.

Treasure Chest in the Cerobi Steppe that could contain a Ribbon

You can use this method to obtain enough Ribbons for all of your characters if you have the patience for it.

PlayStation 4 – Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Version

In the Zodiac Age version of the game, there is a treasure chest in the Henne Mines that contains a Ribbon. Check out the Henne Mines map to see the exact location.

You can also Steal a Ribbon from Hashmal, from the Lv. 99 Red Chocobo or from Omega Mark XII in Trial Mode.