Brothers
Guardian Force

The Brothers Guardian Force offer a pretty standard (earth-based) attack, but their abilities are incredibly useful. Abilities such as HP+20%/40%/80% and Str-J allow your characters to quickly become a force to reckoned with. That being said, this is one of the earlier Guardian Forces that you obtain in the game, so their attack will become less and less powerful and therefore less and less useful as you progress through the story.

Attack Name: Brotherly Love
Attack Effect: Earth-based damage

Brothers attack cinematic
Brothers attack cinematic

How to Obtain Brothers

You can pick up Brothers and have them join you as a Guardian Force in the Tomb of the Unknown King after you find the code to enter General Caraway’s Mansion. There is no alternative place to pick them up but you can return to the Tomb of the Unknown King later on in the game to retrieve them if you missed picking them up the first time.

Approaching Sacred in the Tomb of the Unknown King
Battle against Minotaur and Sacred in the Tomb of the Unknown King

List of Abilities

Ability AP Effect
HP-J Junctions magic to character’s Hit Point stat.
Str-J 50 Junctions magic to character’s Strength stat.
Spr-J 50 Junctions magic to character’s Spirit stat.
Elem-Atk-J 160 Junctions magic to character’s Elemental Attack. However, only magic with elemental attributes can be junctioned.
Elem-Def-J 100 Junctions magic to character’s Elemental Defense. However, only magic that defends against elemental attributes can be junctioned.
Magic Enables the use of Magic in battle.
GF Enables the use of GF in battle.
Draw Enables the use of Draw in battle.
Item Enables the use of Item in battle.
Defend 100 Enables the use of Defend in battle. Defend adds the Defend status. Defend status reduces damage from physical attacks to 0 and reduces damage from magic attacks by half.
HP+20% Increase HP by 20%. Set each as a separate ability for a cumulative effect (Setting +20% and +40% makes HP +60%).
HP+40% 120 Increase HP by 40%. Set each as a separate ability for a cumulative effect (Setting +20% and +40% makes HP +60%).
HP+80% 240 Increase HP by 80%. Set each as a separate ability for a cumulative effect (Setting +20% and +40% makes HP +60%).
Cover 100 Take physical damage in the place of an almost disabled ally. The damage is reduced by 1/2. Does not work if all allies are attacked.
HP Bonus 100 Whenever a character levels up, HP gains an additional 30 points.
SumMag+10% 40 Increases GF’s attack damage by 10%. Learn multiple abilities for a cumulative effect.
SumMag+20% 70 Increases GF’s attack damage by 20%. Learn multiple abilities for a cumulative effect.
SumMag+30% 140 Increases GF’s attack damage by 30%. Learn multiple abilities for a cumulative effect.
GFHP+10% 40 Increases GF’s HP by 10%. Learn multiple abilities for a cumulative effect.
GFHP+20% 70 Increases GF’s HP by 20%. Learn multiple abilities for a cumulative effect.
GFHP+30% 140 Increases GF’s HP by 30%. Learn multiple abilities for a cumulative effect.
Boost 10 Increases damage during GF’s attack. When you press Select after GF is summoned, an icon and numbers appear. The number shows the damage value at 75%. Press Square repeatedly to increase it to 250%. But pressing Square while “X" is displayed returns the damage value to 75%.

- Ability is already learned when Brothers join you as a Guardian Force.