Cotton Robe Trick
The Cotton Robe Synthesis Trick is a very basic trick that takes advantage of some basic issues with buying and selling items. There are raw materials that you can purchase, synthesize and then resell for more money than the initial raw materials were worth.
You can use this trick to make easy gil early on in the game. Here is how it is done:
- Cotton Robe (cost 1,000 gil to synthesis)
Sell the Cotton Robe for 2,000 gil netting you 610 gil for each Cotton Robe synthesized.
There are numerous points in the game where you can utilize the Cotton Robe Synthesis Trick including:
- Purchasing the Wrists during the first visit to the Village of Dali
- Completing the trick by purchasing Steepled Hats and synthesizing the Cotton Robes first visit to Lindblum
- Purchasing Steepled Hats when the team visits Summit Station at the beginning of Disc 2, purchasing Wrists later on at the beginning of Disc 2 at the Village of Dali and then synthesizing them in Treno
- Purchasing more Wrists in the next visit to the Village of Dali in Disc 3
- Completing the trick one more time at the end of Disc 3 (by revisiting other towns)
This trick is incredibly useful for earning a ton of gil fast within Final Fantasy IX.