You must obtain the Celestial Mirror before you can obtain or create any of the Celestial Weapons. Click on the link for more information on how to obtain the Cloud Mirror and Celestial Mirror.
Nirvana is Yuna’s Celestial Weapon. Nirvana needs to be combined with the Moon Crest and the Moon Sigil in order to add on its special abilities.
You can obtain the weapon by visiting the Monster Arena in the Calm Lands. The Monster Arena is located on the east side of the Calm Lands. Speak to the man in front of the tent and he will ask you to capture one of each of the monsters in the Calm Lands using the weapons that he sells to you. You will need to capture one of each of the following:
- Skoll (found all over the Calm Lands)
- Nebiros (found all over the Calm Lands)
- Flame Flan (found all over the Calm Lands)
- Shred (found all over the Calm Lands)
- Anacondaur(found in the southeast)
- Ogre (found in the northwest)
- Coeurl (slightly rare but found all over the Calm Lands)
- Chimera Brain (found in the northwest)
- Malboro (found in the northwest)
Return to the man at the monster arena to receive Nirvana. Now you need to use the Moon Crest and Moon Sigil to power it up (as it start with only the “No AP” attribute”)
The Moon Crest can be found in a treasure chest on Besaid Island. The treasure chest can be found just off to the right of where Tidus first arrives out in the water. Use the screenshots below to help find it.
You receive the Moon Sigil after you defeat Belgemine at Remiem Temple. You will need to defeat each of her Aeons including the 3 optional / secret Aeons. Check out the Aeons side quest section for more information and then check the Remiem Temple section after you have obtained the optional Aeons.
Return to Macalania Woods to the area where you received the Celestial Mirror once you have obtained both the Moon Crest and the Moon Sigil. Offer Nirvana up twice to fully power it up using both the Crest and Sigil.
Nirvana has the following abilities when fully powered up:
- Break Damage Limit - Allows Yuna to do more than 9,999 damage in a single attack
- Triple Overdrive - Charges Yuna’s Overdrive at triple the speed
- Double AP - Allows Rikku to earn double the AP for each battle
- One MP Cost - All of Yuna’s magic spells will cost 1 MP